If this year you’re ready to bring out the big guns and up the ante on last year’s office party, Mozambique promises to be the perfect destination to celebrate another successful year with your team, especially with a local specialist on your side.
Not only is Mozambique visa-free, so there’s less paperwork involved, but Maputo is only an hour’s flight from Johannesburg. And like your personal office party planner, our own team at Dana Tours will make sure that everyone has a memorable and well-deserved break, and feels more than ready to hit those 2019 targets.
To top what you did last year, here are a few end-of-year function ideas for South African companies to look forward to in Mozambique:
Year-end functions in Maputo:
Maputo offers just enough distance to get out of South Africa, but remains just close enough to home so that you won’t completely break your budget.
What to do:
In Maputo, team building activities abound, with fishing expeditions, sunset cruises onboard the Sanjeeda dhow, snorkelling at Santa Maria, various day tours and bike or walking tours of the city for your team to get their bearings. Explore the Fortress, the downtown neighbourhood known as Baixa, City Hall, the Railway Station, FEIMA crafts market, the Botanical Gardens and The Iron House.
Where to stay:
Accommodation options for year-end function ideas are abundant in Maputo, but it’s still advisable to request a booking in advance during the festive season. If you want to skip Maputo in favour of Pemba, Mequfi Beach Resort is an ideal retreat for your team. There is also plenty accommodation on this incredible property for groups, with beach and team building activities, such as fishing, scuba diving, kayaking, snorkeling and kite surfing.
What to eat:
Join us on a group mission to Mercado do Peixe (fish market in Maputo), where you can tuck into freshly caught seafood and giant tiger prawns prepared right in front of you over an open fire. Let’s not forget that infamous piri piri chicken paired with a Tipo Tinto rum and raspberry, or crisp local Laurentina.
We recommend these top tried and tested restaurants for group gatherings:
● Zambi: Ocean views and mouth-watering, well-presented fresh seafood, especially the steamed crab and langoustine tails.
● Costa do Sol: Prompt and professional service, famed for their steaming coconut chicken.
● Diogos in Catembe: Best paired with a day out on Catembe beach with views of Maputo City and the bridge connecting Maputo and Catembe soon to be inaugurated on the 25 June.
● Café Dhow: The ultimate chill-spot for sundowners overlooking Maputo Bay.
● South Beach Maputo: This newly opened hot-spot caters for more festive beach parties and night time events.