City Tour of Maputo
Maputo – the flavours of Latino-Africa are brought to life in this unique city, steeped in history and tradition. Stops include the Fortress, Central Market, Museum of Natural History, Railway Station and FEIMA curio market. You will also pass by the City Hall, Cathedral, the Botanical Gardens and
- Includes museum and fortress entry fees.
- Morning & afternoon half-day tours.
- Optional extension includes lunch at Catembe (5 hours).
- Guide speaks English and Portuguese.
- Museums are closed on Mondays.
Kruger Park Day Trip
The world-renowned Big 5 Kruger National Park is only 100km from Maputo and your driver will assist you with border formalities. As you slowly drive through the park you may see elephant, buffalo, giraffe, impala, zebra and, for those lucky enough, lion or rhino. Lunch will be enjoyed at one of the park’s camps and you will continue to look for game on the return journey from Kruger. Some nationalities will need to buy a re-entry visa for Mozambique.
- Includes park fees, game drive in an open safari vehicle with professional driver/guide, bottled water, light lunch and return transfers from Maputo.
- Departure is at dawn and return to Maputo early evening.
- Pack a hat and warm jacket.
- No children under 8 years old. Contact us for an alternative closed vehicle option.
- Contact us for information regarding overnight trips.
- Tip: Please ensure you have all the necessary documentation (visas and passport) pertaining to entering South Africa and re-entry into Mozambique.
Hlane National Park eSwatini (Previously Swaziland)
Just across the Lebombo Mountains from Maputo is Hlane Royal National Park. Here you will have a chance to enjoy a game drive in an open safari vehicle. Included is a birding / game walk, an experience not to be missed. The walk can be substituted with a mountain bike ride through the park.
- Includes lunch, park entrance fees, safari activities and bottled water
- Departure is at dawn and return to Maputo early evening
- Pack a hat and warm jacket
- No children under 6 years
- Contact us for information regarding overnight trips
- Tip: Please ensure you have all the necessary documentation (visas and passport) pertaining to entering eSwatini (Previously Swaziland) and re-entry into Mozambique. We recommend you take small notes in EUR/ZAR/USD to purchase souvenirs.
St Maria, Inhaca & Portuguese Islands
Inhaca Island is located across Maputo Bay, about 30km east of the city. The boat departs from Maputo Marina (Escola Nautica) to Santa Maria in the morning. Duration of the trip is between 60-90 minutes by speed boat. On arrival at Santa Maria, those who would like to snorkel can do so. A limited supply of snorkel masks is available. En-route to Inhaca Island, where you will enjoy a seafood lunch, there is an optional stop at the Marine Biology Museum where you can learn more about the local biodiversity. After lunch you can visit Portuguese Island for a swim before returning to Maputo. The islands are about 15 minutes apart from each other by boat. The return to Maputo may take
slightly longer due to choppy seas and timing is tide-dependent.
Includes seafood lunch, marine park fee and Escola Nautica departure
Excludes transfers to the harbor.
This tour is not guided. (Optional extra: $140 per guide).
Pack a hat, suntan lotion and a jumper as the trip back can be windy.
Tip: Please note that you will be required to wade through water on
disembarkation so please ensure you wear plastic sandals and shorts.
Macaneta Day Trip
Macaneta Peninsula is located 30km north of Maputo and the trip takes you via Costa do Sol on the new highway. After crossing the Incomati River by bridge or local ferry at Marracuene, you will arrive at Macaneta and be transferred to a nearby beach lodge by 4×4. Spend your day at the beach or relaxing at the lodge. Dip your toes one last time in the Indian Ocean before returning to Maputo.
- Includes a seafood lunch at the Lodge
- Departure is around 08:30 and return to Maputo late afternoon
- Pack sunscreen, hat and beach towel
- There is a strong backwash at Macaneta. Take extreme care when bathing and stay close to the shore. Swimming is at your own risk.
Swaziland Cultural Day Trip
Visits include the Manzini Market and Mantenga Craft Center to view Swazi jewellery and art. Then on to Mantenga Cultural Village where you will appreciate the history and culture of the legendary Swazi Nation. To the beat of echoing cowhide drums, traditional Swazi dancing is performed by a talented group of dancers in a nearby boma. Visit art & craft attractions at Malandela’s Complex before making the return journey home via the Swazi Candle Factory where clients can view the decorative art of candle making. Lunch is either at Malandela’s or at the Candle Factory. Itinerary is subject to change at the guide’s discretion.
- Includes lunch and entry fee to Mantenga Cultural Village
- Departure is at dawn and return to Maputo early evening
- Tip: Please ensure you have all the necessary documentation (visas and passport) pertaining to entering Swaziland and re-entry into Mozambique. We recommend you take small notes in EUR/ZAR/USD to purchase souvenirs.
Terms & Conditions: All prices are in USD. Payment may be made in Meticais using our rate of the day; Visa or Mastercard which must be swiped in our office; or cash. Excursions must be booked by 15:00 on the day prior to the excursion taking place and are subject to availability. Some excursions are weather dependent and may be cancelled by ourselves. We will endeavour to advise you with as much advance notice as possible and re-book you where feasible. There is no refund in case of no-show. 100% cancellation fees will apply. For early departures, we recommend that you pre-book a packed breakfast with the hotel to take along on the excursion. Timings are approximate and may change according to the season. These timings should be confirmed the day prior to the excursion taking place. Please make certain that you take your passport with you on all excursions.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR TOURS TO SWAZILAND AND KRUGER PARK: Please check if you require a visa for South Africa or Swaziland as these must be bought in advance. If you require a re-entry visa for Mozambique, please ensure that you are in possession of a multiple entry visa. For those nationalities who have a Mozambique High Commission in their home country, border officials may not issue you a visa into Mozambique. Visa and border formalities are excluded from the price and are payable direct. Dana Tours takes no responsibility for any visa related issues or if guests are denied entry into Mozambique, South Africa or Swaziland. Travel insurance is highly recommended.