If you’re racking your brain on what destination will inspire your dynamic sales team to perform better, consider keeping it close to home and hosting your travel incentive in Mozambique.
The Mozambican capital of Maputo, just an hour’s flight from Johannesburg, is developing itself as an attractive MICE centre in Southern Africa, with such infrastructure as Tsogo Sun’s construction of the R220m Stay Easy hotel adjoining the new Baia Mall. Set for completion in April, this new complex will become a popular business travel hub with its modern accommodation.
Why you should host your travel incentive in Mozambique
Located just an hour’s flight from Johannesburg means it’s easy to host your travel incentive in Mozambique. Your delegates do not require visas and there are also flights between Nelspruit KMIA and Vilanculos – the gateway to the Bazaruto Archipelago and the Vilanculos Conference Centre, which offers first-class facilities, service and stunning ocean views.
In June 2018, the much-awaited Maputo-to-Ponta do Ouro road, encompassing Africa’s largest suspension bridge (Catembe Bridge), will open for business. Once complete, travelling time between Kosi Bay and Maputo will be drastically reduced from six hours to just 90 minutes.
Get to Maputo by sea from Durban on the MSC Sinfonia or MSC Musica from November. With Maputo, Portuguese Island and Pomene as ports of call, it’s the perfect budget break for MICE travellers, with meals, accommodation, on-board entertainment and transport covered in one fell swoop. Let them make the ship theirs with shipside banners, welcome aboard greetings, gifts in cabins, customised daily programmes, menus and award ceremonies as well as themed events and team competitions.
Services and facilities
Specialist MICE travel providers like Maputo-based Dana Tours are on hand to assist you with any travel incentive in Mozambique, offering such services as airport transfers, air charters, accommodation, orientation sightseeing and tailor-made transport and chauffeur services. They own and operate a range of comfortable SUVs, minibuses and sub-contract 22-seater coaches for larger groups, and carry passenger liability cover. That’s not to mention easy access to and strong ties with a number of local hotels and conference centres.
The added perks of hosting your travel incentive in Mozambique
Enjoy ample water activities abound in this tropical destination – a perfect location for team building. Think scuba diving, snorkeling, boating, tubing, sunset cruises, jet-skiing, kayaking, fishing and plenty of swimming and relaxing on a sun-lounger with a cocktail in hand. Non-motorised activities are typically complimentary at ocean based hotels and resorts.
From Maputo, Dana Tours organises scenic day trips to the Macaneta Peninsula via Costa do Sol on the new highway. They also run a day trip to Inhaca Island across the Maputo Bay. The boat departs from the Maputo Marina (Escola Nautica) to Santa Maria in the morning for some snorkelling, as well as the Inhaca Island for a seafood lunch.
Your delegates could also combine their beach time with various safari activities. Gorongosa National Park was successfully restored as a wildlife hotspot, used as a filming location for National Geographic documentaries “Africa’s Lost Eden” and “War Elephants”.
Combine Mozambique with the Kruger National Park – a multi-destination MICE itinerary with a difference including game drives and lodge accommodation with the beach and culture.
Why you should use Dana Tours to assist in organising your travel incentive in Mozambique
● In addition to being members of SATSA and AVITUM, Dana Tours carries a passenger liability cover of USD 2,000,000.
● Dana Tours offers reliable service with more than 15 years’ experience in group travel within Mozambique. Your MICE group can travel throughout the country with peace of mind knowing that you have a Mozambique-based expert looking after them.
● With Portuguese being the official language in Mozambique, it helps to have a well-trained bilingual team on your side for changes in your itinerary, especially due to the weather.
● The Dana Tours team has expert knowledge of the road network throughout the country. This is important, especially as Mozambican roads outside the main areas are not the easiest to navigate.
● They will offer practical advice for your group regarding use of ATMs, currency exchange, general safety tips and will even recommend local bars and restaurants.Tags:Baia Mall, Catembe Bridge, Dana Tours, Kosi Bay, Maputo, Mozambique, ocean views, transport, travel incentive, Tsogo Sun Maputo