We continue with our series introducing you to the friendly-faced Mozambican experts that make up the Dana Tours team. If you’ve travelled with Dana Tours before, no doubt you’ve been welcomed and assisted by one of this fantastic team.
Continuing with our series, we introduce you to one of our amazing travel consultants, Vania Mondlane.
Where are you from? Maputo.
Experience/work background? From 2014- 2016, I worked as an Admin Assistant and from 2016 to present, I have been working as a travel consultant.
Tell us about your family: I live for them: My mother and my son.
What do you enjoy most about your job? In addition to the work environment, which is very pleasant, I like the challenge of doing something pleasing for customers. It’s always a sense of accomplishment when a customer gives us positive feedback as our greatest mission is to satisfy our customer’s needs. We want you to return and your loyalty towards our services and Mozambique.
Hobbies? Watch movies, listen to music and spend time with my son.
Your favourite places in Mozambique and why? Bazaruto, because it looks like a piece of paradise while Ilha de Moçambique is perfect for the tranquility it offers. I also love the landmarks of our history scattered across the country.
Your favourite local dish? Coconut prawn curry
- Two ripe chopped tomatoes
- One chopped onion
- Three crushed garlic cloves
- 750ml of coconut milk
- 1 / 2kg of peeled prawns
- 3/4 tablespoons of oil or olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon saffron
- Lemon and salt (to taste)
- Season the peeled prawns with garlic and lemon and let it rest.
- Sauté the onion with the oil or olive oil.
- As soon as the onion is sautéed, add the saffron and tomato and mix well with a wooden spoon until it’s cooked well.
- Add the shrimp and as soon as the shrimp is well cooked, add the coconut milk on a low heat and let it boil until the oil comes to the surface.
- This dish can be accompanied with white rice or with pap.
What can guests look forward to in Mozambique? You can expect to find the best beaches with warm, clear waters. You see and learn a little about our culture, accompanied by welcoming smiles.
What do visitors and clients love to see and do in Mozambique? They like to visit the beaches and learn about our culture.
What have you always wanted to do? Obtain a degree.
What would you want the world to know right now? That Mozambique is the best tourism destination… come and see!
Want to ask Vania a question about Mozambique? Contact her and the team here for your Mozambican travel needs, questions or simply to say hi.